I vote for Community Psychology!


My favorite subject is Community Psychology, one of the five introductory subjects of this semester. The proffesors who teaches this subject are Rodolfo Sapiains, Germán Rozas and Rodrigo Quiroz.

I like this subject because this stream of thought and work shows a clear political commitment in favor of the oppressed and the respect for the fundamental human rights. This discipline promotes the community development and the empowerment of social actors, so they can build their own reality. Additionally, Community Psychology was born on the quest for more humanitary solutions to issues of health, and for it, this discipline feeds on the knowledge from anthropology, sociology, psychology, psychiatry and other areas.
This semester I have learned to know the nuances of community work, its limitations, and possibilities for action, and also I had the opportunity to visit a community center called Centro Remolinos. This center works with childrens, victims of commercial sexual exploitation, resignified traumas and abuses suffered by them.

The next semester I hope to take subjects related with the community area.

1 comments:

Paula said...

Excellent vocabulary, Jorge. Have you been using the website I recommended you? and, by the way, are you getting better? I really hope you are.

Some comments:

-" The proffesors who teaches this subject" or THE PROFESSORS WHO TEACH THIS SUBJECT? WHY?


- " CHILDRENS" or CHILDREN?

What do you mean by "resignified traumas"?

Interesting post.

You get 2 points.

Paula